Testosterone boosters are health supplements which contain a lot of ingredients that have an effect on your testosterone levels. These, if taken with in limit, would improve your sexual life by improving the erectile function. The boosters would also improve your overall physical health and the strength of your body. Body builders make use of it to build up their muscles. The boosters also help those who practice boxing, wrestling, and other sports that depend on physical strength. While steroid used to be an ingredient of these boosters, their side effects and legal difficulties have resulted in more and more people going for natural boosters which use herbal ingredients. The typical herbal components believed to stimulate testosterone levels include –
1. Ginseng – Ginseng, which would be American, Chinese, Korean, or Siberian in origin, affects and improvements protein synthesis thereby improving muscle build up and strength. It also improves your health, vitality, and longevity. It is one of the most common ingredients in testosterone boosters.
2. Tribulus Terrestris – It is a plant extract and would increase the levels of your testosterone as well as luteinizing hormone (LH). While people have given good reviews about the testosterone boosters containing the ingredient, there has been no adequate scientific research done on the subject.
3. Vitex Agnus Castus – This fruit extract is taken from chaste tree and prevails the prolactin secretion by pituitary gland which in turn advances the development of breast tissue in men. The testosterone boosters containing this ingredient may be useful for people who suffer from Gynecomastia.
4. Long Jack or Eurycoma Longifolia – Short term study has shown that this particular ingredient used in testosterone boosters increases testosterone levels and has a positive effect on muscle strength and lean body mass. Both mass and strength increased in people who took long jack during the course of the study. The percentage of body fat decreed.
5. Saw Palmetto – Since a boosted level of testosterone, caused by intake of testosterone boosters, can result in testosterone accumulation in prostrates which results in prostrate enlargement, Saw Palmetto is added to the boosters. It improves prostrate strength. It is also provided to be helpful in preventing accumulation of estrogen.