Reds boss Jurgen Klopp has revealed that he is set to welcome two players back into his ranks from the treatment room
Trent Alexander-Arnold is set to hand Liverpool a timely fitness boost ahead of their home date with Wolves, although Jurgen Klopp is yet to decide whether the right-back is ready to start a game.
The England international has formed part of a lengthy injury list at Anfield over recent weeks.
Alexander-Arnold has been sidelined since picking up a knock in a 1-1 draw at Manchester City on November 8.
Liverpool have taken in four outings since then, across Premier League and Champions League competition, and remain in the hunt for domestic and continental honours.
Their cause is now about to be aided by the return of Alexander-Arnold, who will be looking to take his starting berth back from Neco Williams.
Klopp remains wary of asking too much from a player who has been nursing a hamstring complaint, but he will come back into contention against Wolves alongside midfielder Naby Keita.
Quizzed at his pre-match conference on whether any of his walking wounded are ready to return, Reds boss Klopp said: “I don’t know yet, we will see.
“Trent and Naby will do the first steps in team training today [Friday]; whatever we can do with that depends on how it looks.
“There are some niggles after the game against Ajax and we have to see how they respond.
“So far, they didn’t do a lot apart from treatment and stuff like this. We have to see how that develops [but] I don’t know in the moment.
“There is a chance Naby and Trent can be in the squad, I would say.
“If they can play, I don’t know. If they are in the squad then they can play, but if they can start or play 90 minutes, I don’t know. I think there’s a chance they are in the squad, yes.
“Apart from Naby and Trent, nobody is coming back, no.”
Alisson, Joe Gomez, Virgil van Dijk, James Milner and Thiago Alcantara remain among those still stuck on the sidelines, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been another long-term absentee.
He has been missing since suffering a knee injury in pre-season, but the 27-year-old midfielder is edging his way back towards full fitness.
Klopp added on the England international: “Ox looks really promising, he is doing a lot of stuff.
“He is warming up with the team now, some ball work, a lot of stuff, but we will develop that now over the next few days.
“Then we will see from which moment on it makes sense to throw him in. He is not too far away.”
Next week, a new doctor will be leading physicians in the N.W.T.
Dr. AnneMarie Pegg has worked in conflict zones and played a significant role in shaping the medical approach for tackling epidemics, like Ebola.
Now, Pegg is set to be the new Territorial Director of Medicine, and in a way, the new role is something of a homecoming for the doctor who spent parts of her career in the N.W.T.
In 1999, Pegg came to the North as a community health nurse in Fort Simpson, N.W.T. She later returned to medical school and has since provided services as a contract and locum physician in the territory.
While keeping a practice in the territory, Pegg also held senior roles within Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) where she spent time working in Syrian war zones. Recently, she was a clinical lead for epidemic response and vaccination.
Pegg says as her 12 years with Doctors Without Borders was coming to a “natural pausing point,” she wanted to rekindle her relationship with the N.W.T. and return on a more regular basis rather than just as a locum.
“Given the fact that we are in the middle of … a complex situation with COVID[-19] and the pandemic, I really thought that perhaps this is something that I could take on given my relationship with the North that has been quite long-standing now,” she said.
Working as a community health nurse and then as a physician, in Yellowknife, the Dehcho and the Beaufort Delta regions, gave her an appreciation for the geographical challenges faced by northerners.
“I think that being able to picture a place in my head, having a vision of what that place looks like, knowing the physical layout of the health centre, even, I think it’s going to really give me a lot of advantage,” Pegg said.
“It makes me feel like I’m coming in a little bit ahead in terms of awareness of where we are in the territory.”
‘Culturally acceptable’ medicine
She says communication is one of the biggest parts for her job.
“Listening to people and the importance of being aware that even in a very complicated situation or a complicated context, it’s usually possible to provide a service and to find a solution that can be mutually acceptable both to practitioners and to patients,” Pegg said.
Pegg says the territory has a long way to go to improve access to continuous care in certain areas, despite “enormous strides” made already.
She’s set to keep looking into how to provide services “in a manner that’s culturally acceptable” to the N.W.T. population.
“[It] has not always been a strong point of health care providers,” Pegg said.
The director of medicine for N.W.T. is the most senior physician administrative leader in the territory’s health system and is a member its executive team. The job is meant to provide leadership in areas of planning, operation and evaluation of delivery of quality health care services by practitioner staff to residents.
A dentist from Sussex County faces three years in prison and fines for failing to report more than $114,500 in proceeds from his practice, authorities said.
Richard Golembioski, 61, of Vernon, pleaded guilty on Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Newark to one count of making and subscribing to a false tax return, according to Michael Montanez, special agent in charge with the Internal Revenue Service.
Golembioski was a licensed dentist practicing in Vernon. He admitted filing a fraudulent tax return for the 2012 tax year. He also failed to report income from his practice on his 2013-2016 tax returns, Montanez said.
Sentencing is scheduled for March 8. Golembioski faces three years in prison and $250,000 in fines, Montanez said.
Thank you for relying on us to provide the journalism you can trust. Please consider supporting NJ.com with a subscription.
©2020 NJ Advance Media Group, Edison, N.J.
Visit NJ Advance Media Group, Edison, N.J. at www.nj.com
Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.
ST. PETERSBURG, FL — Ferry season opens in St. Petersburg on Sunday as Cross Bay Ferry returns to its fourth season with coronavirus safety precautions aboard the boat.
The ferry, Provincetown III, will operate at full capacity with everyone being required to wear masks while indoors, according to a news release.
A crew will sanitize door handles, rails and other areas of the ferry before every group of passengers gets on and during the 50-minute trip across the bay.
Courted off sections are indoors to maintain social distancing and plastic dividers have been placed in areas to keep sections separated.
“We are confident that we can provide reliable and safe service even at full capacity and still maintain social distancing guidelines, but we are monitoring it and will adjust as needed,” Kevin Fisher, general manager of the Cross Bay Ferry said.
Food and beverage services are offered on the ferry, and bikes are allowed. Wi-Fi is also provided.
The ferry can hold a maximum of 149 passengers.
Ferry trips run from The St. Petersburg Ferry Terminal, 375 Bayshore Drive NE to the Tampa Convention Center.
Services are offered Wednesday through Sunday and can be booked online at Cross Bay Ferry or dockside ticket booths.
Ferry season is from Nov. 1 through Apr. 30.
Provincetown III departs St. Pete on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 4:45 p.m. and 9:30 p.m, and makes its round trip back from Tampa at 6:15 p.m. and 10:45 p.m. For the full schedule, click here.
A one way ticket for adults is $10 and $20 for a round trip. For the full list of prices and discounts, visit its website.
The Cross Bay Ferry is a collaboration between St. Petersburg, Tampa, Hillsborough County and Pinellas County.
This article originally appeared on the St. Pete Patch
NORWALK, CT — Norwalk is reverting to Phase 2 reopening efforts, as the city grapples with a continued rise in coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, Mayor Harry Rilling announced Thursday. The rollback will take effect at noon on Nov. 1 to allow businesses to prepare.
The city was placed on red alert status last week by Gov. Ned Lamont and state health officials, due to Norwalk exceeding 15 new coronavirus cases per 100,000 people. The number of red alert communities in Connecticut now stands at 30, up from 19 last week, according to the state.
At that time, the city’s rate of infection was 18.9 new coronavirus cases per 100,000, but that number more than doubled to 40.5 and then to 48.9 per 100,000 between Oct. 18 and Oct. 24. Norwalk also reported its first coronavirus-related deaths this week, after more than three weeks without one.
To date, 151 Norwalk residents have died as a result of the virus.
This week, Rilling has been under quarantine due to exposure to a family member who tested positive for COVID-19. The mayor has tested negative twice since then.
As of Thursday, 54 new coronavirus cases were reported in Norwalk, bringing the city’s total to 2,984 since the pandemic began in March, according to health officials. No new deaths were reported.
The city was at Phase 3 reopening, which meant restaurants, personal services, gatherings and sporting events could operate at 75 percent capacity. On Nov. 1, that number rolls back to 50 percent.
Additionally, Phase 2 also calls for:
Private gatherings to drop from 100 people to 25 people indoors, and 150 people to 100 people outdoors
Religious gatherings to decrease from up to 200 people to a maximum of 100 people indoors
“This is a difficult decision, as I do not want to see our local businesses impacted, but my priority remains the health and safety of our residents,” Rilling said. “Our cases are rising, and I am deeply concerned. We are now seeing increased cases for those over 70 years of age, and we know this population is at higher risk of serious illness and death from this virus.”
The city will host another free, drive-thru coronavirus testing session on Saturday between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the parking lot at Norwalk Community College on Richards Avenue.
“We have ramped up testing to try to slow this virus down, but it continues to spread rapidly, as people are not following all public health guidelines,” Rilling said. “Residents must take this seriously. Please, stay home if you can, limit travel and errands whenever possible, and always wear a face covering in public.”
This article originally appeared on the Norwalk Patch
A paramedic who was knifed in the chest during a 999 call has returned to work after making an incredible recovery.
Deena Evans, 39, was attacked alongside her colleague while treating a patient in Wolverhampton on July 6.
At the time, shocking pictures showed her being treated by colleagues before she was rushed to hospital for treatment to injuries including a chest wound and nerve damage.
But three months on, the paramedic has returned to work after making an amazing recovery and was pictured at her first shift back on Friday (October 16).
West Midlands Ambulance Service shared a picture of her smiling standing next to an ambulance, writing: “We spy a familiar face. Today was her first day back on the road since the incident, she had crew mate Charlie looking after her.”
Evans, who starred in TV show Inside the Ambulance, said: “My recovery is going well. I’m still receiving physio and counselling but it’s helping. I still have numbness in my arm but it so far hasn’t affected my job.
Read more: Horror crash claims fourth victim after teen dies in hospital days later
“My first day I was really nervous, I felt sick and felt like I couldn’t breathe but all the staff helped me, and my crew mate always makes me laugh so it was a good shift.
“The public support has been phenomenal, it really has been overwhelming. It certainly brings back faith in humanity, and I’m glad to be back doing my job.”
We spy a familiar face ☺️👋🏽💚
You may remember paramedic Deena, who was stabbed whilst attending a patient with her crew mate Mick in #Wolverhampton back in the summer.
Today was her first day back on the road since the incident, she had crew mate Charlie looking after her 🚑 pic.twitter.com/JNxNP4gdGb
— West Midlands Ambulance Service #HelpUsHelpYou (@OFFICIALWMAS) October 15, 2020
Evans and her colleague Michael Hipgrave, 51, were both attacked after they were called to check on the welfare of a man.
Neighbours described hearing “blood curdling screams” and the ambulance workers shouting “please help, he’s got a knife” during the incident.
Hipgrave was discharged from hospital later the same evening after suffering a back injury, while Evans spent another two days receiving treatment.
She has previously told how she was left haunted by the incident, describing how she relives it every time she closes her eyes.
She said: “You just can’t get it out your head and it’s getting over that stage, being able to put it to bed, and at the minute, I don’t think I’m there.
“We’ve had support from the Trust, we’ve got things in place to deal with what happened.
“There’s not enough thank you’s in the world for everybody for the well wishes.”
Hipgrave also told how the incident had taken its toll on his family and friends.
GENEVA (AP) — As coronavirus sweeps across Europe, the head of the biggest hospital in Switzerland, a rich country with one of the world’s best healthcare systems, is echoing a growing call to the public: Buckle down.
Bertrand Levrat, CEO of Geneva University Hospitals, which counts 12,000 personnel, says Europe overall faces a “turning point” at a time when Switzerland too is fighting a second wave of coronavirus cases that grew in large part out of a summertime lull in which people let down their guard about the highly infectious pandemic.… Read More
WILL COUNTY, IL — Five weeks after being dropped from the Illinois Department of Public Health’s list of state counties at the warning level, and four weeks after additional mitigations were dropped for Region 7, Will County again finds itself listed as one of Illinois’ “warning level” counties.
Will County Health Department Executive Director Sue Olenek said in a release the top priority right now is for Will County residents to follow all COVID-19 precautions, with the immediate goal being no return of additional restrictions
“We all know what happened the last time we went orange,” Olenek said in a release. “We ended up with restrictions, and I don’t think anyone wants to go back to that. We must remember to follow the three Ws: Wash (our hands frequently), Watch (our social distancing), and Wear (your masks properly over the nose and mouth). Also, avoid the 3 Cs: Closed spaces, close contacts, and crowded places. When we relent on these principles, we see a surge in positive cases!”
Counties appear on the IDPH Warning Level list when they have hit two of a variety of factors showing signs of increased Coronavirus activity. One is a rate of new COVID-19 cases that is over 50 per 100,000 residents. For Will County, the week of Oct. 4-10 showed 133 new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 residents (the previous week’s level was 87). The second factor Will County hit was a substantial increase in the amount of COVID-19 deaths, a release from the health department states.
Will County had 13 deaths for the week of Oct. 4-10, after a very slow period of COVID-19 deaths in late September.
Other factors include positivity rate; Will County’s was 6.2 percent Oct 4-10 and 5.5 percent the week before, the warning level is 8 percent, hospital admissions with coronavirus-like illnesses (CLI), and emergency room visits with CLI.
When Patch spoke to Silver Cross Hospital on Tuesday the hospital said hospitalizations had doubled over the course of a week. The hospital also stressed the importance of washing your hands, wearing a mask and practicing social distancing.
Counties designated as “warning levels” are asked to implement measures for increased testing and contact tracing, a release states.
The county health department said it continues to be active in doing both. 40 contact tracers, with more planned to be hired, are now working remotely to contact and collect information from those who have tested positive, and then contact residents who may have been exposed by someone who tested positive.
WCHD asks that residents be cooperative and forthcoming with contact tracers, as the information you provide could save yours or someone else’s life. When you are called by a contact tracer, your caller ID should read “COVID CONTACT” with the phone number 312-777-1999.
The helath department also continues to offer walk-in testing at its mobile medical unit at a variety of locations.
This article originally appeared on the New Lenox Patch