Not only cigarettes and coffee can spoil natural whiteness of our teeth. Food that you eat everyday can also do this. There is a list of certain products that can give your teeth yellow color. Some of them are really harmful, and not only for teeth and their removal from your daily menu can do only good. But not all of them are dangerous – some are useful, have lots of vitamins and minerals, and if you exclude them from your nutrition, it won’t do any good to your health. Fortunately, there are ways to minimize the harm they bring.
So, the information below can make you aware of the products that can make your teeth yellow and can be a guide to improving your menu to save your teeth from getting yellow.
1. Black tea. It contains tanine that leaves stains on your teeth. It is in the head of the list. Things are getting worse when you combine it with other products from that list because it makes their coloring influence stronger. So it’s better to drink green tea instead, it doesn’t have such aggressive qualities, but has a number of useful components.
2. Cola drinks, soda and sport beverages. They contain different acids that ruin the enamel of teeth. Interesting that sport drinks are even more dangerous than others, because they contain more acids.
3. Sweet candies. Even children know that sugar is the worst enemy for our teeth. But it’s not the only point. Also time matters – the longer you chew or suck a candy, the more harm it brings. And it concerns all of the products in this list.
4. Wine, red and white. Both of them contain tanine, about whose harmful qualities you already know.
5. Bright-colored sauces. Dental enamel’s structure has pores, where they can stay and share their coloring with teeth.
6. Spices. The same thing about spices that have bright colors too.
7. Fruits and fruit juices. They bring a lot of profit to us, so they mustn’t be removed from menu by any circumstances.
What to do to minimize those unwanted effect? Perhaps you heard a popular recommendation to chew a sugar-free chewing gum after you’ve eaten. But it’s a myth and very dangerous myth, because such gums contain sugar substitutes that are also dangerous for teeth. There are two ways of protecting your teeth color. First – rinse your mouth with water, it will wash away acid and coloring elements. Second – after rinsing try to cover your teeth with saliva; it is a natural protection for our mouth. If you make these two simple procedures a habit, your teeth will stay white much longer. Protect the white color of your teeth and reduce chances on undergoing teeth whitening procedures, which are rather expensive.