DENVER–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Schwazze, formerly operating as Medicine Man Technologies Inc. (OTCQX:SHWZ) (“Schwazze ” or “the Company”), today provided a business update and announced strong financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2020.
Justin Dye, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Schwazze shared, “We are pleased with our progress in the third quarter. We continued to grow revenue and meaningfully narrow our net loss. Our third quarter performance demonstrates the team’s ability to implement our operating playbook and successfully integrate strategically attractive and accretive acquisitions such as Mesa Organics and Purplebee’s, which have proven to be an excellent strategic fit, into our operations.”
Dye continued, “We are eager to complete our acquisitions of Star Buds’ 14 Colorado locations during the fourth quarter. Star Buds is one of the most recognized and successful retail cannabis operators in North America. These acquisitions position us to become a cannabis leader in Colorado by combining their industry expertise with our best-in-class playbook. Together, we are creating the next era of cannabis that lowers the barrier of acceptance for mainstream America and accelerates innovation in health, happiness and quality of life for consumers.”
On November 5, 2020, the Company announced that it has received satisfactory proof of funds acknowledgement from Star Buds in anticipation of closing the pending transactions. This acknowledgment enables companies to begin preparing for a fourth quarter 2020 closing of the acquisitions of 13 retail operations located throughout the Colorado front-range and one cultivation facility in Denver.
- Star Buds is one of the most recognized and successful retail cannabis operators in North America based on revenue-per-location and profit. Upon completion of this transaction, the Company will be one the first publicly traded companies with full seed to sale operations in Colorado consisting of 17 dispensaries, manufacturing, and cultivation.
- Based on the consolidated, unaudited 2019 results the Company received from Star Buds, these acquisitions collectively earned approximately $50M in revenue with a strong EBITDA margin.
- The proforma revenue for the combined companies for 2020 will be approximately $90M and the combined companies will be profitable and cash flow positive after the completion of the acquisition.
On September 9, 2020, the Company announced that Nirup Krishnamurthy, Chief Integration and Information Officer, was named Chief Operating Officer, and Jeff Garwood, former GE executive, was appointed to the Schwazze Board of Directors.
- Nirup Krishnamurthy has since assumed oversight of Schwazze’s business units including retail, manufacturing, cultivation, wholesale sales, and marketing to drive operational excellence throughout field operations. He has also continued to be responsible for the alignment and prioritization of the ongoing integration of the Company’s acquisitions and for driving technology innovation across the organization. Krishnamurthy joined Schwazze earlier this year, bringing more than 25 years of experience in operations, innovation, technology, integration and M&A at Fortune 500 companies including United Airlines, Northern Trust Bank and former grocery retailer The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P).
- Jeff Garwood is a recognized visionary business leader bringing 30 years of extensive experience across