Over and over I hear consulting clients tell me that they can’t get their personal training business to grow. They are stuck at certain level of success with their bootcamps and they can’t figure out why. Their service is higher quality and they provide more personal attention than bigger box companies. So what are they doing wrong?
The answer is usually small things that make all the difference. For one, they are trying to create a brand out of a commodity. That’s impossible. The public now sees personal trainers, bootcamps and challenges offered around every corner. Every magazine cover and every Facebook timeline is filled with opportunities for free and fee-based access to these services. They are generic.
When that’s true the only thing left for a customer to do is compare based on their needs. If your location is better, your price is right, or you’re physically less intimidating, for instance, you might get a shot. Those are random results. You want predictable.
If someone goes to find you on the internet through their Google search, will they find what they’re looking for in you? Few people go to Google to look for a bootcamp nearby. A frustrated woman doesn’t look for a personal trainer at night on her computer.
People are looking for solutions. They have problems. Those problems somehow become urgent. It may be a wedding, reunion, or summer season that makes them feel urgent suddenly. Use the questions that someone types into Google to help you be the answer they find.
What would you type in if you were a 47-year old woman who wanted weight loss? What would you type in for suggestions on diets that work for fast fat loss? Using those specific words on your website, your business card and in your signature on your email will help someone believe you are their answer.
Instead of listing you alphabet soup, choose the most prestigious certification you have and list it. If they want the full resume they can find it on your website. List the website or the blog URL instead of getting carried away. Make it a live link. Have a way for the customer to find content that adds value when they get there.
Create more than one signature on your emails. For communication with personal trainers who are seeking a marketing coach for instance, I list my personal fitness professional’s blog URL and the web page where someone can learn about coaching. For communication with my after 50 female market, I include my wellness webinar page and the URL for my book targeting that market.
By being able to see that I provide information for people navigating fitness after 50, a prospective customer knows instantly that I have solutions for them. They do not care until later what credentials or experience I have. Until my personal fitness professional clients know I have the answers to their fitness marketing mastery they don’t care what degrees or certifications I have. Most of …Read More
Ashwagandha, a herb, finds extensive usage in Ayurvedic medicine. It is popularly known as Indian Ginseng. However, KSM-66 Ashwagandha is not related to ginseng in any way. Ashwagandha is comprised of two Sanskrit words, “ashwa” meaning “horse” and “gandha” meaning “smell”. These words throw light on the properties of the herb. It works as a sedative and calms the mind.
What is KSM-66 Ashwagandha?
KSM-66 is a specialized extract of Ashwagandha, where the active ingredients of the herb (Withanolides) are sourced from only the root. In other extracts, the active ingredients have been sourced from both the leaf and the root. The latter extracts go against the practices of traditional Ayurveda.
Health Benefits of KSM-66 Ashwagandha
- In recent years, Ashwagandha has been the topic of much research. Many studies have shown that the herb has a rich content of steroidal lactones and alkaloids. Besides, it is rich in amino acids, fatty acids, and choline.
- Ashwagandha has myriad health benefits that can be used to treat several diseases and disorders.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha works like an adaptogen. This means that it effectively combats daily stress and tension. Ashwagandha, when taken in regular amounts, increases the body’s resistance to stress, simultaneously increasing energy levels.
- It gives a tremendous boost to the immune system. This could reduce the onset of various ailments and disorders.
- Ashwagandha has proven benefits on the functioning of the brain, ensuring enhanced thinking and betterment in decision making. The herb has positive effects on memory and concentration, which can be used for the benefits of students.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha functions like an anti-anxiety agent, which can reduce anxiety levels as well as depression. It has a soothing effect on the brain, and due to its sedative effects, it can help treat insomnia.
- This herb prevents brain cell degeneration, which could prevent or delay the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- A known aphrodisiac, Ashwagandha alleviates fertility problems in women and men. In addition, it can give a boost to your libido.
- This herb alleviates pain and has anti-inflammatory properties, making it supremely useful in the treatment of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ashwagandha is known to regulate blood sugar levels; thus helping those who suffer from type 2 diabetes.
- Some studies have shown that Ashwagandha can lower levels of LDL or bad cholesterol. Thus it can prevent the onset of cardiovascular diseases.
- This herb inhibits cancer cell growth in the colon, breast, and lungs with no effect on normal cells. These properties make it ideal for use an anti-cancer herb.
- Because it plays the role of an adaptogen, it can be used in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders. Besides, it can help treat wounds and reduce back pain.
- Other disorders where Ashwagandha has known positive effects include tuberculosis, asthma, fibromyalgia, bronchitis, chronic liver disease, and menstrual problems.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha also has numerous benefits for the skin. It demonstrates anti-ageing properties, which delays the onset of wrinkles and gives you a youthful appearance. It can effectively treat leucoderma and other skin conditions
There has been a lot of discussion lately regarding whether activated carbon (charcoal) air filters really do provide any measurable health benefits. Well, the answer according to research is definitely ‘yes’, but for the sake of our health, we’d better take their word for it and err on the side of caution. Why? The type of indoor air pollutants that activated carbon removes are of the chemical, gas, and odor nature, and it’s those types of pollutants that can cause a range of problems, both in the short term and over time-problems such as allergies, asthma, COPD, heart disease, cancer and more.
Ever wonder how some illnesses or just ‘looking older’ just seems to ‘suddenly’ appear, out of nowhere? Truth is, research shows that most illnesses, bodily dysfunction, even aging don’t just ‘show up’ one day. They are the result of a buildup of pollution in the body, and over time, this pollution gets in the way of normal cell function. And when cells don’t function properly, they change, lose their shape, and often die. And if the air we breathe on a daily basis isn’t being cleaned of the chemical and vapor-based pollutants found in most homes and offices with a quality air purifier with activated carbon (charcoal) filters, that means our bodies are absorbing those pollutants that cause our cells to change and die off prematurely. And that means, at some point, after enough cells have mutated or started working improperly, we’re going to have health problems.
The good news is that most of these health problems can be prevented by properly cleaning up or indoor air, specifically by using activated carbon or charcoal air filters. Why indoor air? Well, since we breathe about 3000 gallons of air per day and it’s been proven that most homes & offices have polluted air–if we use a quality air purifier with an activated carbon filter to absorb the toxins, our bodies won’t have to absorb them. Does that mean that we might feel better, look younger, have fewer allergies, asthma and other health problems? Recent research says ‘yes’!
And if you have an air purifier or filtration system in your room, home, or office, it’s very important to buy the replacement carbon air filters for the units on a regular basis. That’s because as carbon or charcoal absorbs pollutants, eventually the carbon becomes ‘saturated’, meaning that it has lost its ‘stickiness’ and can’t absorb any more, which means it will now allow the chemical and gas polluted air to pass directly through-and get blown out into the air even more than it would if you didn’t have an air cleaner! Most people don’t realize this, but not changing a carbon air filter can actually increase allergies, asthma, and can speed the development of serious health problems, again, simply because polluted air is being circulated more.
Bottom line? For the sake of your health, disease prevention, even premature aging prevention, our recommendations are 1) if you don’t have a quality air …Read More
The importance of staying healthy is getting a great deal of media coverage. Online video games, social networking, and an abundance of DVDs and TV channels make it easier than ever to find entertainment – and even meet new people – without leaving the home. This is causing a nationwide health problem, and according to government reports three in five are predicted to be overweight by 2050.
Many forms of exercise are viewed as mundane, boring and unappealing whereas dance can be fashionable and fun. There are countless styles to choose from and they all have significant health benefits as they burn calories, increase energy levels, improve circulation, tone muscles and strengthen bones. For example, a half hour salsa session can burn up to 400 calories which is just as much as walking, swimming or cycling for the same period of time. Similarly, in a typical two hour tango session you can find yourself taking more than 2,000 dance steps!
Learning to dance is particularly beneficial for young children. The fun, feel good factor and emotional high that dance gives promotes a positive attitude to exercise which is likely to continue into adult life. Dancing is also great for building confidence and self-esteem not only through the many performance opportunities that dance offers, but also through better posture as children who are comfortable with the way their bodies move tend to feel more confident.
Dancing is a highly sociable activity which makes it a great way to meet new people. When going to the gym you may expect to carry out several solo exercises, whereas dancing is highly interactive and provides an excellent social networking opportunity that does not involve sitting in front of a computer. This is particularly beneficial to children who will quickly make new friends and develop bonds in a secure environment. Similarly, adults will not only learn a new skill but will also quickly develop new friendships and increase their social circle with a group of like-minded individuals.
Wherever you live, there will almost certainly be dance classes in your local area that cater for your ability. Many of them welcome new members with open arms and also have an active social scene.…Read More